NCEMSF is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our IT team as an Assistant Webmaster. NCEMSF is a 501(c)(3) organization devoted to promoting and growing collegiate EMS in the United States and other countries. Founded in 1993, the organization now has over 200 institutional members, and its annual conference routinely draws more than 1000 attendees. All NCEMSF staff members are volunteers who support the organization and its members in their free time.
As the Assistant Webmaster, you will work with other members of the IT team to support the Foundation's technology needs. These include maintaining the foundation's website (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP), administering the Microsoft Office 365 email system, and supporting any IT needs during the annual conference and other events (laptop/printer/networking setup, audio/visual equipment troubleshooting, etc.). In addition, you have the opportunity to support the Foundation's other operational divisions, including our Regional Coordinator network, our self-evaluative programs (HeartSafe Campus, Ready EMS Campus, and Striving for Excellence), and our various focus areas (EMS research, the NCEMSF Skills Classic, etc.).
We are specifically seeking a candidate with the following qualifications:
- While in college, was a member of that school's collegiate EMS organization. Preference will be given to candidates with any of the following additional qualifications:
- IT or technology role with the collegiate EMS organization
- Collegiate coursework in computer science or a related field
- Squad leadership role (Chief, President, etc.)
- Other role with programmatic responsibility in the organization (training coordinator, PAD site coordinator, etc.)
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP is required.
- Experience with web-based content management systems is preferred.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to attend the organization's annual conference, including setup and take-down times. The conference is typically held on the last weekend in February, with setup occurring the Wednesday or Thursday before the Conference and take-down lasting through Sunday evening. NCEMSF staff are provided with a hotel room (shared with another staff member) and some meals, but are responsible for their own transportation.
- Must maintain a paid Personal membership with NCEMSF (can be a Lifetime member).
If you are interested in this position, please complete the form below and a member of our staff will contact you. This position will remain open until filled, and we may select more than one qualified candidate. We also may refer candidates not selected for this position for other vacancies within NCEMSF.