The following are the COVID-19 Release of Liability and the general Conference Attendee Policies. By completing a Conference registration, you agree to these policies in their entirety. In addition, you may be asked to sign a paper copy of these policies during the on-site check-in process. Please direct all questions to email@example.com.
COVID-19 Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk
The National Collegiate Emergency Medical Services Foundation (“NCEMSF”) 29th Annual Conference (“Event”) will be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown (“Premises”). In consideration of being permitted by NCEMSF to participate in the Event and in recognition of NCEMSF’s reliance thereon, the individual named below (referred to as “I” or “Attendee”) agrees to all the terms and conditions stated in this release (“Release”).
1. I am aware of the contagious nature of bacterial and viral diseases including the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (“Disease”) and the risk that I may be exposed to, or contract the Disease or other infectious diseases by traveling to and from, and participating in, the Event and otherwise being on the Premises. I understand and acknowledge that such exposure or infection may result in illness, personal injury, psychological injury, pain, suffering, temporary or permanent disability, death, and/or financial loss. I understand that NCEMSF cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the Disease or other infectious diseases while on the Premises or participating in the Event and that being on the Premises or participating in the Event may increase my risk of contracting the Disease. NOTWITHSTANDING THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY ENTERING THE PREMISES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED. I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF ILLNESS, PERSONAL INJURY, PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY, PAIN, SUFFERING, DISABILITY, DEATH, AND/OR FINANCIAL LOSS RELATED TO THE DISEASE, ARISING FROM MY BEING ON THE PREMISES OR ATTENDING THE EVENT, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OF NCEMSF OR OTHERWISE.
2. I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against NCEMSF, and each of their officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents, affiliates, representatives, members, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”), on account of personal or psychological injury, illness, pain, suffering, disability, death, or financial loss arising out of or attributable to my being on the Premises or participating in the Event and being exposed to or contracting the Disease, whether arising out of the ordinary negligence of NCEMSF or any Releasees or otherwise. I covenant not to make or bring any such claim against NCEMSF or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge NCEMSF and all other Releasees from liability under such claims. This waiver and release does not extend to claims for gross negligence, willful or wanton misconduct, or any other liabilities that Pennsylvania law does not permit to be released by agreement.
3. I am familiar with federal, state, and local laws, orders, directives, and guidelines related to the Disease, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidance on the Disease. I will comply with all such orders, directives, and guidelines while on the Premises or participating in the Event, including requirements related to hand sanitation, social distancing, contact tracing, and use of face coverings. I will also follow all instructions of NCEMSF and the operator of the Premises while participating in the Event related to health and safety measures. I UNDERSTAND THAT UPON ARRIVAL AT THE PREMISES, I MAY BE REQUIRED TO SATISFY CERTAIN HEALTH PROTOCOLS SET BY NCEMSF AS A CONDITION FOR ENTRY, SUCH AS PRESENTING PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION AGAINST COVID-19, OR A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF I DO NOT PRESENT THE DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED BY NCEMSF OR OTHERWISE CANNOT SATISFY THE HEALTH PROTOCOLS, I WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER THE PREMISES OR ATTEND THE EVENT.
4. I confirm that if I am experiencing symptoms of the Disease (such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or smell), or have a confirmed or suspected case of the Disease, I will not attend the Event. If I am already present at the event, I will cease participating in any event activities, immediately notify NCEMSF staff and any close contacts, and comply with all quarantine or isolation directions given by NCEMSF staff, the operator of the Premises, or federal, state, or local health authorities.
5. This Release, along with the terms of the NCEMSF Registration Form, constitute the entire agreement of NCEMSF and me with respect to the subject matter contained in this Release and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. If any term or provision of this Release is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Release or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. This Release is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of NCEMSF and me and our respective successors and assigns. All matters arising out of or relating to this Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction). Any claim or cause of action arising under this Release may be brought only in the federal and state courts located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania and I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The following exist to ensure a safe and enjoyable conference experience for all attendees:
1) Conference ID badges are required for entry to conference lectures and events and are to be worn by attendees at all times while on the conference premises.
2) Attendees are expected to conduct themselves as the young-adult professionals that they are and to display the same degree of decency and respect toward other conference attendees, hotel guests, and staff that they would exhibit while responding to campus medical emergencies and interacting with patients.
3) Noise production is to be kept to a level appropriate to an indoor hotel environment and is to be respectful of the hour and considerate of the surroundings.
4) The consumption of alcohol by those younger than the federal legal minimum drinking age of 21 years as well as the use of drugs or other illegal substances by attendees of any age is strictly prohibited. Open containers containing alcohol are also forbidden in all conference common areas.
5) Common areas and private rooms of the host facility are to be left in the same fashion in which they were found upon arrival. Any damage to, or destruction of, property will be the financial responsibility of the offending individuals.
6) Participation in conference lectures and activities grants permission for the use of one’s image in NCEMSF publications and promotional materials.
7) Conference speakers are experts in their given fields. The information they present and opinions they express, however, are not necessarily those of NCEMSF. Attendees are reminded to follow their prescribed operating procedures and to contact their agency’s medical director before changing medical protocol.
The aforementioned apply in addition to the stated policies of the host facility as well as local and federal laws. Failure to comply with any of the above may result in eviction from the conference and/or hotel without a refund. Additionally, civil and/or criminal penalties may apply.
Registration for the conference indicates your acceptance of the policies listed.