On March 4th, 2008, medics Alexandra Amaducci, Jason Harms, and Zack Sheingold were working on shift for Emory EMS. Around 14:30, Emory EMS was dispatched to a 911 call for a patient having an allergic reaction at one of the health centers. The primary unit arrived at the scene in just under two minutes and found that the middle-aged Emory employee was having severe difficulty breathing accompanied by tongue swelling and hives covering her entire body.
"I have never seen a patient with such obvious symptoms of anaphylaxis," said Jason Harms, the Supervisor that day. Amaducci, the senior medic on duty, remarked that the patient did not have a prescribed Epi-Pen